Back pain and stomach: causes, treatment, symptoms
To understand what is happening, you need to determine several parameters characterizing the resulting discomfort. In order to determine exactly what could cause pain in the back and stomach, you should try to determine their localization. If the back pain is more or less clear, for examination of the abdomen will have to follow some steps:
- you need to lie on your back and bend slightly at the knees;
- you put your hand on abdominal wall and in a circular motion gently but deeply trying to push, define the place where pressure causes the most pain.
A Troubleshooting schematic abdomen is divided into right and left halves. In various diseases the pain can be in the right or left iliac regions, in the navel, to the right or left hypochondrium. In addition, pain can wear diffuse nature, when a constant stomachache and it is impossible to determine the specific point where the pain the most.
The nature of pain
It is equally important to determine the nature of the pain. They can be blunt, compressive or, on the contrary, acute. Very dangerous symptom can be a dagger of pain (this is like stabbed). Also pain can wear bursting with character, like on the inside begins to inflate the ball.
It is equally important to determine where to give pain. For example, often there are times when back pain down and the pain radiates to abdomen or thigh. Sometimes, on the contrary, the abdominal pain may radiate to the lower back. In addition, over time the pain can change location (if appendicitis pain is first observed in the epigastric region, but some time down in the right iliac region).
For accurate diagnosis it is equally important to determine what triggered the pain; it came on suddenly or develop gradually over hours or even days; what could trigger her appearance (excessive physical stress, hypothermia, stress); what other symptoms accompany the pain seizures, fever, vomiting, diarrhea or conversely, constipation which lasted a few days. All these data will help to paint a more complete picture of the disease and correct diagnosis.
Pain that are caused by pathology of internal organs
The most common causes of back pain and abdominal are pathology of the gastrointestinal tract and urinary system. The same symptoms, but less frequently may occur in diseases of the heart and broncho-pulmonary system. Consider the most common diseases.
- Pathology of urogenital system (cystitis, pyelo, glomerulonephritis, urethritis). These diseases are often the cause of that back pain below. In addition to pain syndrome, the pathology is accompanied by disturbances of urination (usually more often), slight fever, presence of blood in the urine. Another pathology that can cause severe pain that is kidney stones, particularly renal colic. It may be the reason that very sore side from the back. It is possible irradiation of pain in the groin or thigh.
- Appendicitis: it is the inflammation often accompanied by pain, which initially have a diffuse character, but then, most often localized in the right iliac region. However, it should be noted that in some cases the pain can occur in other areas of the abdomen. Most often acute appendicitis is accompanied by low-gradu temperature (37,0), nausea, vomiting, chills.
- Intestinal infection also be a frequent cause constant stomachache. They can cause various microorganisms and viruses. When such lesions are noted dull, diffuse pain on the background of increased temperature. In addition, there is vomiting, diarrhea. In the stool a possible admixture of mucus or blood.
- Pancreatitis is also becoming a common cause which has a stomach ache and gives back, with pain often are located in the upper part. They are accompanied by nausea and repeated vomiting, not bringing relief, dry mouth. Language is covered white coating, on which the edges of the visible teeth marks.
- Cholecystitis may cause right upper quadrant pain, which is given in the back, right hand, shoulder, under the right shoulder blade. It is accompanied by bitterness in the mouth, nausea, vomiting after which is easier. May provoke an attack of fatty foods or shaking in transport.
- Colitis (intestinal colic) is sharp pains in the umbilical region, accompanied with weakness, chills. If you have problems with the intestines an attack may be provoked by eating chocolate, coffee, foods high in fiber.
Pathology of the musculoskeletal system
Various problems of the spine can also cause back pain and abdomen. Most often, they are pulling or whining in nature and can radiate into the lower limbs and different areas of the abdomen. Pain can cause the following diseases:
- herniated discs;
- injuries of the spine;
Women quite often experience pain of varying intensity in the lower abdomen and lower back. Some of them do not pose a threat to normal life, such as menstrual pain or minor discomfort during pregnancy (in the later stages there may be pain in the back and the abdomen – the so-called false labor). But sometimes pain is a signal of serious problems. These include:
- the threat of miscarriage in the early stages of her may signal abdominal pain and spotting;
- ectopic pregnancy manifests itself the strongest (up to loss of consciousness), pain on the right or left in the abdomen;
- similar pain can result from rupture of the ovary or to twist the legs of the cysts;
- endometriosis is characterized by the permanent whining pain in the lower back and lower abdomen, worse during menstruation.
Causes of pain in men
Men too can "boast" pain, the cause of the disease, characteristic only of the strong half of mankind. These include:
- prostatitis – the pain in this disease is most often localized in the lower back and may worsen during urination, giving the anus and the sacrum;
- urinary tract infections are manifested by pain in the abdomen, which gradually spread to the lower back and the give in the groin;
- inguinal hernia causing acute pain, against which it is possible to detect hernia protrusion.
What to do?
Obviously, back pain and stomach can cause many different pathologies. So what to do if they come? First of all, not to self-medicate. If you are already diagnosed, and you are sure that the pain associated with it, then you can take the medicine. So, with pancreatitis or cholecystitis, as well as in the pathologies of the urinary system the pain will help relieve some of the antispasmodics. To alleviate the condition in diseases of the spine will be able painkillers and anti-inflammatories. If sudden severe abdominal pain, do not waste time – call an ambulance. Remember – in case of acute pains in the stomach, if you do not know exactly the cause, you can not take any medication. This is done in order not to distort the picture of the disease before diagnosis.
If the cause of pain is not known, it is not necessary to endure the wait that she held herself, or to self-medicate. Remember that lost time can lead to serious complications that can be life-threatening.