How to cope with a nagging pain in the back and the side...
Many complain that pulls back. The pain in such cases may be sharp or dull and aching. What causes it? The main reasons include:
- problems with the spine, muscles and ligaments;
- incorrect posture;
- the lack of movement associated with, for example, sedentary work;
- changes in the body in connection with age;
- in some cases it is problems of the urinary system and genitals;
- heart disease.
What to do if pulled back? First and foremost you need to understand why it happened. If the reason lies in excessive exercise, sometimes it is enough just to weaken them.
But it is worth remembering that self-medication is dangerous, and it would be better to consult a doctor. This is especially important to do in such cases:
- The pain became more regular and long pass.
- It becomes all the more painful.
- Along with pain, appeared fever, cough, limb numbness and other symptoms.
To ease the condition before the visit to the specialist, you can use some external preparations from back pain. But you should be careful and remember that any drugs should be prescribed by a doctor.
In the acute phase it is recommended to lie down or take a more comfortable position. You also need to eliminate any physical exertion. The pain will become more weak.
Sometimes hurts in the right or left side from the back. How to be in this case? First you need to figure out why it hurts. Nagging pain in back and sides, arises if:
- a cholecystitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, pancreatitis, aortic aneurysm, pericarditis, diseases of the spleen, etc.;
- the surface of the bed is too hard;
- occurred hypothermia;
- when violations of posture is skewed to one side;
- there was a sharp movement;
- there is an inflammatory process.
How to cope with such pain? To start to consult a doctor who will conduct the survey (ultrasound, urine and blood tests, x-rays and MRI) and prescribe the correct treatment.
In the acute phase, the doctor may recommend taking pain and relieves spasms drugs. Assigned to massage and physiotherapy. Among the recommendations may be playing sports.
In those cases, when the nagging pain in the side back due to a serious internal disease, may require surgical intervention.
Why is there a nagging feeling in the back?
Lower back pulls for many reasons. This injury, pinched nerves, birth defects, intestinal problems, the effects of birth trauma and tumors. How to treat such problems:
- Take analgesics and drugs against spasms. It is important to be prescribed by a doctor.
- To ensure complete peace of mind.
- Limit time spent in front of the TV and computer. Frequent walks.
There are a few simple exercises that will help strengthen the muscles that support the lower back:
- Lying on the floor, clasp the inner side of the knees bent feet. Alternately dilute and reduce knees together, letting them use their hands for this.
- In the same position clamped between the knees of the ball. Hands should lie on your stomach. As much to compress the ball and relax the muscles.
- Starting position is the same as in the previous exercises. The ball clamp feet. Slowly pull your knees to your chest while squeezing the ball.
In some cases, lower back pain combined with a pulling pain in the abdomen. The reason can be diseases of the pelvic organs, problems with the spine, infection, and even stroke. If pain in lower abdomen and pulls back, you should immediately consult a doctor.
It will help to understand why there's discomfort and prescribe the appropriate treatment. It usually involves taking pain medications, medical gymnastics and walks in the fresh air.
If the abdomen or lower back hurts as a result of serious internal diseases, may need further examination.
An important point
Many are faced with pulling pain in the back under the shoulder blades. What triggers it in this case? This is usually pathology of the spine. However, sometimes the appearance of pain in this area relates to:
- with failures in the respiratory system,
- with disorders of the heart and kidneys,
- with high blood pressure,
- with cholelithiasis.
Can take place and problems in emotional and psychological terms. As in all other cases, first and foremost you need to seek medical attention. To speed up the healing process, he may recommend therapeutic gymnastics and massage course. Both will help if not stop completely, then at least to reduce the intensity of pain....