A sharp, strong pain in the spine
Very often the pain syndrome can be felt in the lumbar region, because this area has a maximum load. If sore back, you definitely need to see a specialist. This symptom may indicate serious disorders in the body.
How to determine the causes of the pain syndrome
To identify the factors that led to the emergence of pain in the spine, it is necessary to determine the nature of the discomfort. Sometimes the patient says the pain gets so bad that I can't move. In addition, equally important is the fact, which side having discomfort in any position – lying, sitting or standing. First of all, you should pay attention to the mechanism of pain. In this case, you should consider the following criteria:
- To analyze the history of the subject injury during the week before the appearance of pain syndrome. In the remote period after the injury occurs most often acute back pain. Usually, the patients forget about the injury, remembering it only at the doctor's.
- To evaluate the nature of pain. If the discomfort has a cross in character and occurs while driving, it is possible to speak about its neural nature. Burning pain, which increases during physical exertion, accompanied by shortness of breath and cough, evidence of the development of diseases of organs located in the chest. In this case, there may be pain when swallowing.
- Determine associated symptoms of pain. If back pain between the shoulder blades, but other manifestations are absent, it is due to disturbances in bone and articular elements of the spine. If there are other signs you need to look for other causes.
- The duration of pain. If back pain between the shoulder blades occurs abruptly, it shows its vertebral or neurogenic nature. Prolonged presence of pain we can talk about the defeat of the chest or age-related processes in the spine.
Which conditions provoke pain in the back
The main causes of pain in the spine include the following:
- Imbalance of physical activity. The emergence of a pain syndrome may indicate the inactivity and weakness of the ligaments and muscles of the spine. In this case you need to move more and to do special exercises. Quite a lot of problems causes excessive physical activity when the person is too active in sports, makes sharp turns, lifting weights, etc.
- Injuries of the spine and thorax. Unbearable pain can occur with rib fractures or cervical-thoracic spine. It also provoked the subluxation of the vertebrae, spondylolisthesis.
- Osteochondrosis and spondiloarthrosis.
- Curvature of the spinal column. These include scoliosis, kyphosis, etc.
- Diseases of the intervertebral discs. This category includes hernia, protrusion, prolapse.
- The development of sciatica or radiculoneuropathy.
- Between the ribs neuralgia.
- Coronary artery disease. In this case, affects the heart, which is manifested in the form of angina or heart attack. About this issue may indicate back pain under the shoulder blade.
- Pathology of the posterior mediastinum. These include lesions of the esophagus, tumor formation.
- Diseases of the pleura and bronchopulmonary pathology. These include pneumonia and all sorts of varieties of pleurisy.
- Pathology of infectious nature. This includes polio, tuberculosis, lung and spine.
- Bechterew's Disease.
- Professional spinal lesions, which are caused by harmful conditions.
- The metastases of malignant tumor formation.
With the appearance of pain in the back should immediately contact a neurologist. The specialist will conduct the inspection and survey of the patient to determine the cause of the discomfort. In addition, usually use these diagnostic studies:
- magnetic resonance imaging;
- ultrasound examination;
- laboratory tests.
To cope with the pain, be sure to establish its causes. In order for treatment to be effective, it must be comprehensive. In its composition necessarily includes drug therapy, physiotherapy, physiotherapy.
Of drugs usually used non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that have a high efficiency. Can also help pain medicine.
Relieve pain help and physiotherapy. However, to do them regularly. The most effective means include the following:
- electrophoresis of novocaine and lids;
- ultrasound treatment;
- laser treatment;
- magnetic therapy;
- the Spa treatment.
To relieve pain, it is recommended to do physical therapy. To perform special exercises begin after the relief of acute discomfort. To be done every day to prevent relapse.
To prevent aggravation of the condition, you need to do the following:
- often stand up and stretch, if you need a long time to sit at the computer;
- to lean on the wall if necessary for a long time to stand;
- distribute gravity evenly, use a backpack;
- to bend feet in knees, realizing heavy objects;
- do not make sudden movements;
- every day to do exercises that include bending and twisting the body, stretching and twisting;
- to control posture, try to walk with a straight back;
- for sleep choose comfortable orthopedic mattress, abandon the use of high pillows.
Pain in the area of the back accompanied by quite a lot of diseases. It can be associated with traumatic injuries, chest pathologies or degenerative processes in the spine. If sore back, it is not necessary to postpone the visit to the specialist just comprehensive the survey will help to identify causes of discomfort and to select optimal therapy.