Why hurt your back muscles and how to treat it
Spin — the huge part of the human body. It covers almost all the internal organs, muscles, joints, bones. And pain should alert the person. Often discomfort caused by infection and inflammation, strain, excessive exercise. All these factors lead to the fact that the muscles in this area are expanded or reduced, the structure of the spine changes.
Pain in the back to describe very difficult. Their appearance is connected with admission to the muscles of lactic acid. Because it is edema, pain of varying intensity.
Doctors say that muscle back pain are divided into several types:
- severe pain.
Acute pain usually is the result of development of the inflammatory process, infectious diseases or in diseases of the internal organs.
Causes of pain in the muscles of the back:
- The development of diseases of muscles: scoliosis, osteochondrosis, arthrosis, rheumatism. They cause the muscles to overwork and this causes the person discomfort. Due to disease the discomfort appear to be trapezoidal and longitudinal muscles.
- The development of diseases in the internal organs. For example, pathology in the field of the genitourinary and cardiac systems, respiratory organs, stomach and liver in the shoulder blade, upper back and chest.
- The spread of the inflammatory process. Frequent disease that affects the muscles of the back is myositis. It begins with penetration of an infection into organism, destroying the connective and muscular tissue. Because of this the person appear purulent tumors.
- Mechanical damage and various injuries in the muscles. They usually appear in athletes after heavy physical work. Due to excessive physical activity often such people there are gaps, tears, appear the inflammation of the trapezius muscle, spasms and pain across the back.
- Overexertion of the body and a sedentary lifestyle. In this case pain a person can receive when he was stationary and produced some action. At risk include office workers. They are always in an uncomfortable position. As a result, they often have muscle pain at work.
- Often sore muscles after exercise in persons engaged in active sports. This includes citizens, often fusing on the courts and persons traveling with tents and backpacks. This is because the back muscles under such loads too abrasive, causing mechanical injury, there is pain in the muscles.
- The presence of congenital abnormalities. For example, the syndrome of short legs in humans, deformed spine, and there are pathologies in the intestine. Pain are whining, and they appear periodically, but due to the fact that pathology is developing rapidly, the pain the person are enhanced.
- The massage or therapeutic exercises. Often patients reported that muscle pain appeared after the procedure. They can occur due to the fact that it is made incorrectly. For example, the person appointed relaxing Spa treatment, and it had a stimulating or point impact. Unpleasant sensations can arise from the fact that during the procedure arose of excessive muscle tension.
Other reasons causing pain in the muscles, is the development of special anatomical features. For example, scoliosis leads to symmetry breaking of the spine, to the development of flat feet ,shortened lower limbs, the development of congenital asymmetry of the pelvis.
What to do if you have sore back muscles
With the development of the disease the patient appeared pain in the muscles of the back, but the following pathology:
- disturbed posture;
- reduced mobility of joints and spine. For example, one cannot fully straighten my back or turn to the side of the head;
- reduces the overall sensitivity of the skin in humans, with numbness and tingling of limbs.
Doctors say that hurt the back muscles and spine can development in the human body of serious illnesses. Most often, to the development of osteoarthritis. It suffers from about 85% of the population.
Low back pain strikes:
- intervertebral discs;
- spinal cord;
- the trunks and roots of spinal nerves;
- the veins and arteries;
- capillaries, ligaments and muscles.
In addition, osteochondrosis develops on the background:
- ankylosing spondylitis;
The risk of osteoarthritis in that it leads to degenerative lesions and destruction of bone tissue, intervertebral discs and articular cartilage.
The reasons for the development of osteoarthritis following:
- eating the wrong foods;
- injuries might in the future lead to the development of serious diseases. With them, the spine becomes highly mobile, pinched nerve and spinal roots, soft tissue and muscles, blood vessels;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- excessive strain of the organism physical work;
- frequent stress.
Pain occurs in the left and right lower part of the blades indicates the development between the vertebrae and herniation between the ribs of neelgai. Many patients resigned to become weak, dull, recurrent pain in the back, and consider it normal. But it is wrong. It is important to consult a specialist and to identify the cause of the pain.
Most often pain in the back area appear in a clearly marked location. It can be:
- Pain in the trapezius muscle. It is most vulnerable, because its fibers are included in the shoulders, and manage their mobility. Usually hurts the most, and latissimus dorsi workers of art and dancers who often overextend. Besides pain in the muscle can occur due to emotional problems.
- Pain in the trapezius muscle occur even after elimination of the source of the disease and are accompanied by a headache. This pain is characterized by the following symptoms: people can't move my head, the pain spread to the shoulder area and cervical spine. They are whining, permanent and often unable to give in the shoulder Department.
- The emergence of unpleasant sensations in a large diamond-shaped muscle in the back. When the pain a person is not able to actively move the neck and shoulders. Pain in this area can occur due to the fact that people do not properly lift heavy objects. This is due to the offset arrangement of vanes and development in humans stoop.
- If there is pain in the muscles of the back to the left, it tells about the development of osteochondrosis. Pain while getting whining. When they a person is often dizzy, disturbed vision, there are unpleasant sensations in the upper extremities.
- If the sore muscles in the back along the spine, it speaks about the development of hernias and scoliosis. The pain arise from the nerve roots of the tightness, and the parts of the spine change their usual position.
- The appearance of cervical degenerative disc disease is characterized by the tightness of the veins and arteries, the pain appears attacks. It is burning and throbbing. It is localized in the neck or on the other side of the head. There are symptoms of oxygen starvation: dizzy, nauseous, migraine appears, drops dramatically eyesight, decreased sensitivity in the upper limbs and shoulder girdle arises, shortness of breath, decreased activity of the cervical spine. If the person is in adulthood, he may suddenly lose consciousness, and if the disease has become chronic, then there is paresis and paralysis of the upper extremities.
- The emergence of thoracic osteochondrosis is characterized by the appearance of acute pain with backache, gradually increasing. It is localized in the area between the ribs, the shoulder blades and upper abdomen. The patient's cough, there is a lump in the throat, difficulties arise during the Commission of the swallowing action. When bending, lifting upper limb — increased pressure, and pain appear in the heart.
- The appearance of lumbar degenerative disc disease is characterized by the formation and pain in the lumbar. She sudden with a cross. Sore muscles in the lumbar region and legs. At the same time gives to the groin and pelvis. If the vertebrae are fused, it may become smaller or even abyss. Thus the patient feels numbness of the skin, paresis and paralysis of the upper extremities. Men have problems with going to the toilet. Women have disturbed menstrual cycle.
- The appearance of pain in the back muscles on the right indicates the development of: degenerative disc disease, sciatica, scoliosis, between the vertebrae protrusion, tuberculosis and injuries of the spine, inflammation of the muscles. If the patient has pain in the back muscles on the right side, it could indicate that the body develops diseases that disrupt the structure of the internal organs. It tells about the development: appendicitis, peritonitis, pyelonephritis, pancreatitis, necrotizing pancreatitis, duodenal ulcer, occurrence of kidney stones, cholecystitis, heart attack, angina, pneumonia, pleurisy. If discomfort appears in women, it speaks about the development of their adnexitis, endometritis, fibroids and cysts.
Diagnosis of the disease
Muscular back pain is treated by a surgeon, a neuropathologist, a therapist, who carried out accurate diagnosis and prescribe treatment. Initially they examine the patient and ask about his complaints.
Additional diagnostic techniques that are used in identifying in a person the symptoms of the disease include:
- X-ray — determines the pathologies localized in the skeletal system.
- MRI — evaluates the affected area muscles.
- Puncture — finds parasitic lesions.
- Using ECG to evaluate the heart system.
The patient will need to take a blood test and urine. They can be used to determine the development of the inflammatory process in the body.
In order to avoid back pain, the patient is required to perform the following simple steps:
- To keep the correct posture while walking and when sitting on the chair. In order to save her you need to stand close to a wall and snuggle up to her nape and heels. This position should remember and keep in daily life.
- If you want to stay long, the doctors suggest every 10 minutes to change their position, shifting your weight from one foot to the other.
- In cases when you need to sit a long time — you want to relieve muscle fatigue. For this you need to bend your back, stretch your arms up, forward and to take deep breaths. Further, it should be up on toes, raise the arms up and have a good stretch for them. Such movements need to be performed several times a day.
- It is recommended to hang a long time on the bar.
- To ensure that the person eats. To avoid fatty food. It is better to consume foods rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Dress for the weather and avoid drafts and hypothermia.
- Every day exercise.
- Not to lie too long in bed. Shorter periods of rest will eliminate the likelihood of muscle atrophy.
Pain in the spine suggests that the person needs to consult a specialist. You should not endure the pain and think that it will be on their own, to self-medicate at home. This can lead to a sharp deterioration in General health, the rapid development of illness and exacerbate existing symptoms.