PAIN UNDER RIGHT SHOULDER BLADE IN THE BACK FROM THE BACK — CAUSES AND TREATMENT
So may manifest problems with the spine, internal organs or nerve endings that are located between the ribs. So it makes sense to give information on this topic in more detail.
Pain in this location can be caused by the presence of certain pathologies:
- violations of the propulsion system;
- diseases of the bile ducts and gallbladder;
- gastric and renal pathology;
- subphrenic abscess, and lung diseases.
- intercostal neuralgia and myofascial syndrome.
The risk location of pain in this location is its appearance in remoteness from a real pathological process. This is due to the presence of many nerve endings, facilitate the transfer of the signal from the patient location. It is in repercussion or reflection of the syndrome makes the diagnosis process difficult.
This effect allows you to independently diagnose and establish the cause of the pain, because directly under the blade are not any internal organs. Therefore, the diagnosis must be comprehensive and professional.
For which diseases there is pain?
Not comfortable feeling in the area under discussion may be a consequence of damage to the vertebrae of the cervical or thoracic spine, the nerve endings that are located between the ribs, back muscles or even of the lung with pleura. To cause such pain and the organs located some distance away, gall – bladder, right kidney, diaphragm.
Diseases that can cause such pain. Thus may occur:
- Osteochondrosis, spondylosis, and herniated discs in the thoracic spine. It's usually persistent or recurrent aching sensation. The cause of discomfort are excessive physical stress or a long stay in one position. Additionally, you may receive a crunch in the center of the spine with a sharp turn. Perhaps the feeling of numbness of the tips of the fingers. Pinched nerves in osteochondrosis and hernias is accompanied by a very strong, burning pain, aggravated by movement.
- Pleura pneumonia and pleurisy, when the lung tissue becomes inflamed, resulting in stabbing pain. Another manifestation of pleura pneumonia include dry cough, discharge with mucus and pus, as well as the increase in body temperature to 39-40 degrees. In pleurisy the pain is stabbing, becoming even more noticeable when you try expectoration, sneezing or even just breathe. To ease the condition can be, if you lie on your right side.
- Myositis. The so-called inflammation of the muscles, in this case, forming the shoulder girdle. The sharpness of the pain in this disease increases during torso to the left. The causes of such diseases: sudden awkward movement, hypothermia, or prolonged exposure in the draft.
- Cholecystitis and gallstones. These diseases are also accompanied by pain right in the back. If we talk about the first disease, it causes a dull aching sensation that becomes even brighter, after half an hour after eating oily, spicy, salty or spicy food. Additional symptoms are constipation or diarrhea, gas formation, and bitterness in the mouth in the morning. But cholelithiasis has an intense cutting pain, frequent vomiting, flatulence, tachycardia, release of cold sweat, sense of thirst, colorless feces and dark color urine.
- Subphrenic abscess. It is the appearance of pus in the space between the liver and diaphragm. It is due to a de vomica perforation of the stomach or duodenum 12, the appearance of complications after surgery in the abdomen or liver abscess. The pain fight shape and cutting, aggravated by breathing.
- Pyelonephritis and kidney stones. The intensity of pain right side under shoulder blade in these diseases are different. First, the disease is accompanied with a pulling pain that starts in the lumbar region and passes under the right shoulder blade. The presence of stones in the bladder give a sense of cutting .
- Injured bone (scapula) can also be a cause of aching pain, aggravated when the body is tilted, the movements of the hands and the touch of the blade.
- Boils, carbuncles, abscesses can lead to osteomyelitis, or bone inflammation. Under this condition, the pain will be whining, pulling ,aggravating at night.
All these diseases need to be in a short time diagnosed for the timely provision of qualified medical assistance. If not refer to the doctor on time, you can't avoid negative consequences.
The first thing to do when the pain under the right scapula, is to put the correct diagnosis for further treatment.
The doctor should thoroughly question the patient to clarify the localization and character of pain, and then, if necessary, appoint additional diagnostics:
- examination of feces and urine;
Next, you may be assigned a consultation with a cardiologist, neurologist, trauma and the therapist.
The nature of pain – what it is
A very important point is the nature of the pain under the right scapula, which largely determines the correct diagnosis.
Such feelings develop nephritis or pyelonephritis in chronic (stage 2). Pain occur periodic properties, radiating to the lumbar region or upper torso. The disease is accompanied by painful urine emission, subfebril body temperature, and sometimes nausea.
A dull pain occurs in chronic cholecystitis, as well as for cancer of the organs located on the right side of the body.
Incipient cirrhosis of the liver may also be accompanied by a dull third-party right pain radiating under the shoulder blade.
Common pathology of modern man, who spends half his life behind a Desk, osteochondrosis. This disease also leads to constant aching pain in right rear.
Inflammation of the back muscles, kidney, lungs, gall bladder, pancreas and liver also accompany such feelings.
Cutting, sharp pain
This kind of pain may indicate acute cholecystitis, stones, dyskinesia ducts of the gallbladder.
Overeating, as well as exacerbation of peptic ulcer, peritonitis, injuries to ribs, pneumothorax, neuralgia and displacement of the intervertebral discs can also cause similar sensations.
The pain is on the rise accompanied by cervical osteochondrosis. Pain is worse when the static load or the body turns the sharp character.
Like the character of the pain is in tuberculosis and osteomyelitis, as well as in pleurisy, pneumonia, bronchitis and renal disease.
Pain under right shoulder blade when breathing
Pain discuss the localization of the breath develops when dry pleurisy, pericarditis, inter-costal neuralgia, diseases of the gallbladder, abscess of the kidney and pyelonephritis.
To what doctor to address?
To get started, visit a therapist, and he already sent to specialists for correct diagnosis.
Your further route can be laid in rooms:
- Nephrology or a urologist.
Features of treatment
The appointment of treatment does a doctor, which, as mentioned above, it is necessary to make a diagnosis. Prior to this, to facilitate it is recommended to use pills, creams and ointments anesthetic.
It is impossible to warm up painful place, because if the reason is to help the process, the situation will only grow worse.
If pain were the result of inadequate exercise or prolonged stay in the same position, it will help physiotherapy and gentle massage.
The main recommendation for the prevention of any disease is to regularly monitor your health and prevent physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Lead an active life, walking daily for an hour or more in the fresh air and applying adequate physical activity in the form of simple and accessible exercises.
- Please reconsider your attitude towards used products and if you are used to eating unhealthy food (fast foods, confectionery, sausage products, canned food and soda), then you should go on a healthy diet. Vegetables, fruit, stewed or boiled meat and fish, dairy products, honey, cheese, cottage cheese, green tea, stewed fruit and natural juices.
Just be more attentive to your body and react fast to any changes in health. But without fanaticism – all should be reasonably and adequately to the situation. Health to you and your family!