Why pain in the back and neck
Back pain and neck appear most often due to spasms in the muscles, and articular subluxation of the vertebrae. Unfortunately, diagnosis of muscles and joints is y we are not good enough. The smallest hernias and protrusion immediately identified using CT and MRI, while subluxations and misalignment of the vertebrae often remain unnoticed. Electromyography, which allows to identify explicitly the various muscle tone, often not conducted at all.
How and why you may experience abnormal muscle spasms or subluxation of the vertebrae? May be they are possible only y weightlifters or occur only after trauma or injuries of the spine?
The fact of the matter is that it can happen with every brand, and almost imperceptibly.
Muscle spasms may increase throughout life and in itself lead to the vertebrae shifted and sprains
Spasms in the muscles of the back and neck
The impetus for spasm in the muscles can be quite humdrum things:
- Constant uncomfortable tense posture in the sitting position
- The second reason is a sudden movement and disproportionate physical activity :
- muscle spasm chest lumbar can occur due to carrying heavy loads on outstretched hands ahead of yourself
- pain and tension in the muscles of the lumbar region occurs due to the attempts to raise the heavy tilt position
- The third reason is muscle inflammation (myositis) due to elemental exposure. Probably, everybody knows the pain in the neck or back, caused by disastrous drafts. Oddly enough, it happens more in the summer than in the winter season. The reason this is wrong is the air conditioning running c exhibited the same incorrect temperature (co too much difference between external and preset temperature)
Symptoms of pain in the neck and back
- Myositis of the neck (sometimes called neck sciatica) causes pain, walking on one side from the top of the head through the ear to the shoulder and arm
- Pain in the thoracic back radiates to the rib in between the ribs neuralgia. Localization in the left part of the chest leads to simulate a heart attack
- Lumbar pain (lumbago) are given in the thigh. Same with inflammation of the sciatic nerve causes a sharp pain attack of "sciatica" in which the pain extends from the gluteal muscles and down the entire back of the thigh and lower leg literally to the soles
The mechanism of muscle pain
Why pain syndrome arising in the muscles, often treated difficult, despite the fact that the first attack is able to pass by itself? Why do muscles hurt?
If the resulting muscle spasm in the back and neck to catch passing through the muscle nerves, enables the reflex mechanism of the pain reminiscent of a hell of boomerang:
- A pinched nerve multiplies muscle spasm (this is their natural protective pain response)
- Repeated spasm of the muscle irritates the nerve again and everything is going in the endless circle
Treatment of muscular back pain and neck
Contributes to the development of chronic pain syndrome and inappropriate treatment:
Pulled muscles are very firm to the touch, they seem to harden, a man himself is extremely difficult to bend or extend, and rotate neck, elevate and take away the hand.
Treatment of muscle spasms and acute pain should be aimed at more rapid elimination of pain syndrome
This is assigned to a week of bed rest and held:
- Five to seven-day course of pain relief non-steroidal drugs
- With extensive painful region are the novocaine or lidocaine blockade
- Sessions of post-isometric relaxation is a very effective static exercises to relieve pain
- Manual therapy and acupuncture, provided that they are performed by qualified professionals
- Myofascial massage massaging the trigger (pain) points
Trigger points and area of pain are not always the same:
- Sore lower back, a muscle clamped much lower and not behind a front
The displacement of the joints of the vertebrae of the back and neck
The displacement (subluxation) of the joints of the vertebrae is not an uncommon phenomenon. It can provoke:
- Spinal injury, and even ordinary household: a fall, a blow, a bad fall on his feet, etc.
- Sharp tilt, rotate neck and trunk co a
- Constant muscle spasm,compression of the vertebrae
Diagnosis of displacement of the joints
If subluxation occurs after a fall or bad dynamics, to diagnose it can be sudden and long-term pass pain. While the offset noise may be audible crunching or clicking
- The surprise factor of pain syndrome should alert the physician, as in degenerative disc disease or hernia the pain is chronic and has been present for a number of years
- If the subluxation is caused by muscles, diagnosing it is more difficult, as the displacement develops slowly and is manifested in gradual increase in pain and immobility
Offset joints can not give a vivid clinical picture, except in those cases when it occurs in transitional areas:
- Chest waist
Each Department has its own characteristic additional characteristics of the displacement of the vertebra:
In the cervical:
- Sick and dizzy
- Darkening, flies before the eyes, noise in the ears
- The curvature of the neck
- Weakness in the arm, burning sensation and numbness in the fingers (syndrome cervico-brachial plexus)
In the chest:
- The dagger pain between the shoulder blades, radiating to the sternum and the abdomen
These symptoms — frequent cause of hospitalization of patients with suspected myocardial infarction, ulcers and even appendicitis .
To establish that chest pain not due to heart, is easy enough: After taking nitroglycerin pain attack fails
In the lumbar:
- Sharp pain radiating to the thigh, lower abdomen and groin This occurs when a subluxation of the vertebra in the upper part of the lower back c to pinch the femoral nerve
- Pain along the entire back surface of the leg from the buttocks
- Numbness, the feeling of leg cramps or they are taken away Such things o say to pinch the sciatic nerve with subluxation of the vertebra in the lower lumbar of the back
The treatment of subluxation of the joints
The optimal treatment of subluxation of the vertebra is postamt it in place, which is carried out using osteopathy and manual therapy. Rooting will not stop until until the vertebra snaps into its original place
Unfortunately, the true sensible chiropractor and chiropractors, are able to conduct a proper reposition of the vertebra is very small.
- To start treatment you need also c mandatory relief of pain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Then it is desirable to provide competent manual therapy session
- But manual therapy is not self-sufficient method of treatment, and in order to maintain its effect, the necessary measures to strengthen the diseased area of the spine. This can be achieved, while strengthening muscles and restoring their balance by:
- Strengthening physical therapy
- Electro myostimulation
Cervical and lumbar osteochondrosis
Over time chronic cervical myositis leads to osteochondrosis, a he, unlike hernia, a very common cause of neck pain and is quite common among very young people.
- Symptoms of cervical osteochondrosis includes vascularium disorders, when to pain,numbness in the neck and below the shoulder-scapula region, arms are added indications of cerebrovascular disease
- The same pain and muscle spasms in the chest lumbar region in the form of burning crosses, the chronic whine of pain interspersed c feeling like I would lose the use of his legs. The gait becomes uncertain: the man is literally walking on the floor bent
If in cervical osteochondrosis patients usually go to the doctor c a complaint that headache, when lumbar the presumed cause is already much lower and the complaining is already starting to "paraplegic".
Muscle spasm in the lumbar region leads to a spasm and narrowing of the blood vessels, which impairs blood flow to all organs located below the problem area, including legs. Hence, there is a feeling of numbness in the extremities
If the pain in the back and neck, despite treatment, has not been completed within weeks, there is reason to suspect a more serious disease: the displacement of the joints of the spine or a herniated inter-vertebra disc.
Pain between the vertebrae hernia
Finally come to between the vertebrae hernia -the most intense pain in the cervical and lumbar spine, a neck and yet the most dangerous phenomenon, in view of the exceptional role of the neck as the main "pipeline" for the vertebral artery.
Pain in the hernia, and indeed the most painful and long lasting, as it is caused by pinch of the spinal nerve. But this disease never occurs in a vacuum and is always secondary
As a rule of pathology is preceded by:
- Long-dystrophic processes in the spine, e.g. osteochondrosis
- Abnormalities in muscle function (the same pain and spasms in specific muscle groups)
- Injury and other diseases
Thus the expression "y I suddenly formed a hernia" is wrong, although the output for the victim is often a complete surprise. But here we need the convergence of several external factors:
- Heavy lifting in an awkward position
- A sudden movement back
- Fall on the feet or the coccyx, etc.
- Front hernia is directed to the opposite side of the spinal cord and never pinch the nerve
- Schmorl ' Nodule, which is so fond of scaring the doctors, more often absolutely BES symptoms, since it is vertical pushing or hyaline cartilage between the spinal disc in the vertebral body. It is also impossible to contact the nerve
If it hurts in the neck and back, conduct a thorough diagnosis.
Very often, when a person treat hernia, and in the picture she really is, but to be the cause of pain can not, because there is no main reason: compression of the nerve. The location of the hernia eliminates this possibility
But y person has back pain and it is still persistently treated "a hernia" and even operate on the ee. A causes of pain in fact can be subluxation and locking of the vertebrae or a muscle spasm.