Cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease as a disease in which the sore hands and feet
Often, most of the people that began to hurt your hands and feet, and appeared adverse symptoms, does not seek to find out their reasons, trying to get rid of neck pain by using drugs. This way the problem occurring in the spine changes will not solve and will only exacerbate the situation, postponing it for an indefinite period, when the pain becomes unbearable.
Causes of cervical thoracic osteochondrosis are:
- sedentary lifestyle;
- excessive physical activity and carrying excessive weight in one hand;
- a variety of injuries (arms, legs, back);
- nervous tension, depression;
- a long stay in one position (at a computer, driving a car, routine work on the legs);
- curved posture.
Between the vertebrae cartilage is essentially similar to a shock absorber that performs its assigned load, which controls coordination of movements and maintaining correct body posture. Hrase fabric, worn in the performance of its functions, has the ability to regenerate (to restore), which is reduced in certain circumstances, which leads to displacement of the intervertebral disc due to the onset of vertebral bodies.
The symptoms of cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease
This is a disease in which the sore hands and feet, inherent to any age and is most often the result of a number of factors contributing to the injury of the vertebrae, and in between joints.
The development of cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease favored by prolonged stay in an uncomfortable and wrong situation, for example, prolonged sedentary work, when the hands, feet and back are in the same situation or habit to talk on the phone, supporting his shoulder.
A sedentary lifestyle combined with poor diet, genetic predisposition, incorrect posture, uncomfortable posture during sleep are all factors that cause cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease, the occurrence of which is characterized by the following symptoms:
- aching pain in cervical region, gradually moving to the shoulders, arms and legs. Often in the morning a sharp pain throughout the day gradually fades, leaving behind the lack of movements and painful discomfort in the feet and throughout the body. Towards evening pain syndrome comes with another force, forcing the patient to experience complications in breathing and coughing. Often the patient falls asleep in the wrong position just to ease the pain in the arm or leg;
- dizziness and headaches are constant signs of cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease, which are accompanied by irregular pressure and turn into fainting. They are accompanied by lethargy, weakness of muscles of the hands, the crunch of the neck when turning the head. Can appear hearing loss, constant ear ringing, numbness in the facial area and tongue, deterioration of vision, double vision before my eyes;
- nagging pain in left pectoral region, radiating to the arm, which is numb, felt burning and tingling. The skin on shoulders and arms becomes thin, dry and cold to the touch. There is an unpleasant feeling of electrical current flow on the skin of hands and feet;
- pain and burning sensation between the shoulder blades, heart, iliac fossa and right hypochondrium;
- disruption of the normal functions of the heart and lungs;
- disturbed coordination, accompanied by vacillation in the movement;
- dysfunction of bowel, bladder, stomach, of the sexual organs;
- the disturbance of natural sleep.
Stages of the disease and methods of its diagnostics
Cervical thoracic osteochondrosis, beginning in an easy unobtrusive form, at first does not cause significant discomfort. At the initial stage to avoid further complications when numb arm and legs is required to improve conditions and quality of work, energetic lifestyle, proper and healthy nutrition, elimination of harmful habits.
Under the prevention refers to the control over correctness of posture, making a correct and comfortable postures while sitting and sleeping, medical gymnastics to cure as breast and cervical osteochondrosis.
With the progression, is accompanied by pain (severe bursting pain), cervical thoracic osteochondrose can last for several weeks, taking a more serious pathological. In this case, urgently needed for the use of combination therapy, including massage, wearing intended for this collar, physiotherapy and exercise therapy.
Diagnosis of the organism
For correctly diagnosed cervical thoracic osteochondrosis and its differentiation from diseases with similar symptoms is required:
- medical examination with a detailed questioning of the patient;
- laboratory studies, including electro cardiography, ultrasound examination of the heart and vessels, electro encephalography and Doppler graphy;
- radiography, fixing destructive changes in the spine with the help of pictures taken in direct and lateral angles. Clearly visible changes in the cervical region, in the pictures with an open mouth; they also can detect bone enlargement around the spine and decreases the height of the intervertebral discs;
- magnetic resonance imaging, which is determined by the degree of violation of the structural components of the spine.
Medical therapy of the cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease should be comprehensive, including the use of medicines.
Effectively relieve pain in the hand and cure low back pain paravertebral — located near the spine — novocaine blockade. The term "blockade" refers to the temporary shutdown of the total number of link with the pain reflex. In addition to therapeutic blockade has a diagnostic value helping to put the correct diagnosis when the similarity of symptoms. But anesthesia, in addition to satisfying the pain, does not solve all the problems caused by this disease.
Increased immunity will help the application of Immunostimulants, vitamin complexes, as well as stabilizing tissue metabolism of drugs. Recovery of the affected cartilage will increase the glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate — drugs affecting metabolic processes in the tissue and involved in its construction. Anxiety and depression that may arise after the doctor prescribed the diagnosis was cervical thoracic osteochondrosis, and eliminating the use of tranquilizers and sedatives.
Physiotherapy, and therapeutic exercises in the complex, enhance the effect of General and local therapy, requires simultaneous compliance with the balanced diet with a high content of proteins, vitamins and mineral complexes. Are conducted at all stages of treatment of cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease. Help reduce pain, balance the metabolism and improve blood circulation. By using such procedures it is possible to reduce the dose of used drugs, and at best absolutely to replace them.
The procedure during the treatment of degenerative disc disease
Effective use of the following procedures:
- electrophoresis — the introduction of drug solutions through the skin by passing an electrical current;
- Darsonval for osteoarthritis is — electropulse exposure to a high voltage;
- Amplipuls — modulated current (SMC), contribute to pain relief and anti-inflammatione action;
- ultrasound is characterized by resorption, analgesic and anti floral effect;
- laser therapy helps to relieve moderate pain and improve circulation. In remission of the disease prevents its aggravation.
Acupuncture, manual therapy and therapeutic exercise
Chiropractic and acupuncture are effective methods of medical treatment of cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease, to effectively relax the muscles and release the vessels and nerve plexus from the state of stiffness. Along the way, improve blood flow and trophic (feeding and adaptation to their functions) of the affected areas, reducing pain, swelling and other signs of inflammation. Restore the structure of the spine, strengthening muscles and eliminating the pain. Since anatomically the neck is a vital area, these procedures must be performed by experts to avoid risk when exposed to the affected homes.
Therapeutic exercise focuses on the relaxation of spasm the condition of the muscles of the neck, legs and arms on the extension between vertebrae, restore circulation, release pinched nerves.
During the warm-up, which begins with gymnastics, originally performed exercises for the muscles of upper limbs, and gradually involved the shoulder and the lumbar, then the back, the chest, and after — the muscles of the neck. Exercises are performed standing or sitting, and in human vestibular apparatus is better to choose a sitting position. The patient relaxes the hand alternately on each side, producing a rocking motion in the joints: ray wrist, shoulder and elbow; and exercises start with more healthy side of the body.
Then produced a load on the muscles of the neck by pressure of the palm on the forehead, cheeks and cheekbones for 10 seconds.
Then made the head tilts in different directions, tilting it back and summing chin to your chest. Not recommended for circular rotation of the head. If pain is worse, the exercise should immediately be discontinued.
Massage therapy for cervical degenerative disc disease thoracic
This massage achieves the same effect as when physical therapy. In this case, massaging the muscle groups involved in the destructive process. The massage is performed by kneading, stroking, tapping and rubbing. Asymmetrically occurring in the course of the disease a massage, you need to start with the healthy side. Need to work on paravertebral points placed on both sides of the cervical vertebrae, except for the massaging of the median line. In the acute stage of cervical thoracic degenerative disc disease and if you have comorbidities, massage invalid.
How to avoid cervical degenerative disc disease
In the treatment of cervical thoracic osteochondrosis it is necessary to control the power, after giving up alcohol, limiting themselves to the consumption of fatty and salty foods, sweets and carbonated drinks. It would be appropriate to transition to a low-calorie diet that contains protein foods, vegetables, nuts, fruits. Often you need to eat seafood and fish, meat use only in cooking.
Struggle with physical inactivity, healthy lifestyle, proper diet, the alternation of rest and exercise will help delay the onset of the disease or avoid it altogether.